A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm going to be a nicer person, for real for real this time

I've told people that I am attempting to turn a new leaf and be a "nicer" person; that is, less judgmental, more approachable, more "smiley," more giving, etc.

But I haven't been doing a good job of it.

Today I remembered something my mom told me a while back. She told me that as humans we all depend on each other. We're not lions or tigers and we don't have huge muscles or teeth to fend off attacks and obtain our own food. We depend on the kindness of others to get through our day, to eat, to feel important.. pretty much, to survive. So she asked, what is the point of being human if you can't help another person? What is your purpose in life if you can't serve as the shoulder to cry on, the person with a wealth of advice, the person who just smiles from time to time. You don't have to be a counselor or doctor to provide people with the things they need. You just need to be a nice person with a good heart.

It's easy for me to forget all of this when I'm not getting my way in life or I'm just tired in general. But really, what purpose am I living for if no one can depend on me? Also as important, how do I expect to receive goodness from the universe when I'm not putting it out there on a regular basis?

So with that, I am going to be a nicer person, for real, for real this time. I promise

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home