A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Starting from friendship

Anyone who has read my blog is probably sick and tired of hearing me go on ad nauseum about how relationships should start off as friends first. But today another reason dawned on me as to why this approach works so well.

In a way, as slight or subconscious as it might be, when we pursue someone romantically, we are asking them to do something for us; namely, to like us in return, to return our affections, and to be responsible for our emotions. This can weigh on how someone interacts with you.

On the other hand, approaching someone as a friend or potential friend does not weigh as heavily on either of you. Your interactions exist to give something to one another without demanding reciprocations. Reciprocation is implicit since you would only stay friends with someone, for the most part, if you received as much social benefit from them as they receive from you.

I'd say this mutual reciprocation is a good foundation for romantic relations to come later.


Anyway, back to studying...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home