A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Why I Hate first "sober" dates..

Its all fun and good when the music is thumping, you're slightly intoxicated (of the alcohol variety), and so is your date. You both decide that you must really meet up sometime in the future and go "do something." And then you do. But sober..

I just went on a date with a guy who I hung out with yesterday. Yesterday at a bar while under the influence of sweet libations and the pulsing rythmes around us, I was in love. Today we went to starbucks and chatted. And now I think, well he's cool. He sure does talk a lot. Animated.. a little too animated. Cute.. hm, I wonder if he uses gel products, I dont like when guys use too much gel. The kicker is the guy's probably going through the exact same thought processes! Not to mention I was practically sweating the whole time since it was so damn hot outside! On a plus note I got to ride around in DPA in a corvette with good company. I would have gotten dinner too, but of course I wasn't hungry..

And what doesnt help is the way the date ends. My last ex, after telling him I was going home becauase I missed my dog, gave me a hug and said "it was nice to see you again." I thought it was going to be over at that point...

This time I get a hug and an "I'll call you." A statement that is always completely void of any real meaning. And so you're left wondering, will this person call? Will I be devastated if they don't? Did he change his mind? Does he not find me a fun person to hang around when we're both sober? What's going on?? Will Michael Jackson be convicted????

So yeah.. boo to sober first dates.. we should all just get wasted and go dance.. I think that's a solid foundation for a long lasting relationship. Dont you? :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel The Younger said...

The alternative is that you see each other after the party and maybe even get married, but you just get drunk each time you do anything together. Wow! Think of how many marriages that would save!!! :-p

9:43 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

Isn't it true that rules exist for a reason? 72 hour rule, dude!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home