A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, May 09, 2005

Jaded not to be confused with Faded

Jaded: adj. 1. fatigued by overwork: Exhausted; 2. dulled by experience or by surfeit

I talked to a good friend today and she told me how she felt unsettled about the fact that she was jaded about men already at the age of 23. I thought to myself jaded..jaded.. well I'm not jaded. I dont think ALL men suck. I dont hate men. But then I looked up the definition and then I thought, OH WAIT! I AM jaded!

See, I always thought the term jaded connoted something negative. I mean it can, since a surfeit can be "disgust caused by excess." But at the same time you can just be tired of something to the point of indifference or apathy. Feelings of negativety can be a result of being jaded but they are not necessarily one in the same.

So I guess in the end I too am jaded.. at 21... not much negativity I guess.. mostly apathy. As a matter of fact, I don't even see guys as potential anything's anymore. When a guy tries to hit on me I almost don't even realize that's what he's doing, and I just chat as if he were a friend. My mind starts to drift. After the conversation I realize I don't even know half the stuff he said. I just smile and nod, and I even notice that I become impatient, moving from side to side as if I had something pressing to do.. sometimes I do.. most of the time I don't.

And another thing about being jaded - I realize its not always a deliberate volition to be jaded. It's not my fault I get hit on a lot - such is the life of a young woman - but maybe it is my fault that I even pay any guy the time of day. History should tell me that I should never give a guy that i've met at a bar/club/party my number, yet curiosity usually causes me to do the opposite. Hmm.. well I'm a lot less curious these days. And maybe being jaded is a good thing. I'm so tired of all of it, I truly can't even muster enough energy to care.

The problem with being jaded? The guys who like a challenge think you're just playing hard to get, when in reality, you just really don't care... the world is a funny place.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Grave Digger said...

Hey
J-J-J-Jaded
You've got your mama's style but you're yesterday's child to me
So Jaded
You think that's where it's at but is that where it's supposed to be?
You're gettin' it all over me
X-rated

My, my, baby blue
Yeah I'm thinkin' 'bout you
My, my, baby blue
Yeah, you're so Jaded
And I'm the one that Jaded you

2:30 PM  
Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Whenever I hear that song, it reminds me of Mars now cuz she sent it to me. :-)

It seems like this could be a scene in a sit-com:
[guy hits on Els]
Els: Back off!!! I'm [whispers] jaded! [flashes 'J' with fingers]

Man, I wish I were jaded! If I pass a hot girl, I still enjoy getting the smile!! :-) I try to tell myself to ignore her, but... Hehe!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home