A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A New POA

Well since I haven't written in a while, I'm not expecting anyone to really read this. So I guess I'm leaving this post for myself. As a reference for when I start to stray off the yellow brick road.

So I originally posted a POA that had more to do with having fun and dating. Well that was inactivated after realizing that its time to get my ish together and focus on achieving important goals.. i.e becoming the United States Surgeon General (ha!.. i can dream can't I?)

So anyway, in my new plan of action its all about prioritizing to make it to med school!

New POA:

1.) Study for the MCAT EVERYDAY. Whether its for 4 hours or 30 minutes reviewing flash cards, I need to stay on the ball.

2.) Build confidence that I don't suck at standardized tests. Success is all about your confidence in achieving your goal. Yes I sucked when it came to the SATs but when I think of it, for not taking any prep courses and working on my own, I didnt do that badly.. I mean I could have done worse. But now I have the opportunity to take a class and do well. I can do iiiit!

3.) Go out no more than once a week. In the rare occassion that I already went out and there is this really hot event I really need to go to, then I might make a concession on this one. Otherwise I'll just go out once a week to let loose, give my brain a rest, and have some fun on the way to my goal. It will also keep me from back sliding into frumpzilla ville.. a place you can too easily become aquainted with if you're not careful.

4.) Watch Cheaters every sunday night at 11pm on UPN. This show will further reinforce the idea to me that most men my age, not all, but most are a waste of time. The ones that are fun and exciting have very little intention of being serious about anything. And the ones that do want to settle down.. well a lot of them are so boring, I'd rather slit my wrists than spend time with them. SO since I can do a phenomenol job at controlling my urges, guys are way down on the list of current interests. I'm just going to end up marrying a hot doctor anyway so everything in the mean time is just a fun distraction. Once the entertainment factor stops and it just starts to drain my time, then peace out.

5.) Talk to my mother at least once a week. Her stories are inspiring. Her advice is excellent. And even though she's crazy, its a constructive craziness. I love it :)

6.) Talk to my brother at least once every two weeks. It'll give me the false impression that I'm being a "mentor." I might just be able to include it on my resume of activities :)

7.) Remember all the people who told me they always "knew" I was going to amount to something big. When I feel like giving up, I'll always think "boy would it be a shame to disappoint them."

8.) Watch less TV. In an ideal world, the only shows I would watch are Cheaters and America's Next Top Model.. Oh and maybe Boston Legal. But after taking 6 months off from school and looking back to what I spent the time doing, I think television has helped put my brain in a state of perpetual retardedness. The madness must end.

9.) Listen to NPR. As a continuation of #8 I need to keep myself thinking - thinking about more than the last person Paris Hilton slept with. I mean who can keep track of such a stat anyway. Plus, NPR is also supposed to help you formulate ideas for the writing section of the MCAT.

10.) And finally...Dream big, work hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home