A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, August 21, 2005

You attract who you are

I've heard enough people say this that I started evaluating this statement a while back, and overall I must say it is REALLY true. Why did I keep attracting the player/commitmentphobes? Gasp! Maybe b/c I was/am one myself! But its not only that, its also probably b/c birds of a feather flock together. If you go to a party, you're going to run into other people who love to party, go to a journal club.. etc. So in my lame attempt to give advice for the day, "Be that which you desire."

Moving on to other things, I went out last night! Woohoo. For the first time in MONTHS I was able to let loose once again. So what happened? Well after walking about 4 city blocks in the ASS cold I walked up to the bouncer and realized i did NOT have my ID. Ha! How could this be?? I knew I put it in my bag. So a friend's guy friend ended up walking me back to the car and lo and behold I had dropped it in the front seat. So dumb! THEN my shoe strap broke. LOL, this was shaping up to be a great night.

Great? Not so much. Entertaining? Yes

(I'll stop numbering the guys b/c I don't know which number I'm supposed to be on, so they'll only have names)

Mr. Abercrombie

Oh sigh. This was a great chance meeting. Sitting at one of the booths at a dance bar a guy walks by and a friend says, "Ha! I totally went to college with that guy!" I'm like really? She's like yeah, and freshman year he tried to use some line on me like "Hey, I've got a lot of condoms." Ha! He was pretty cute so I told her it would be really funny if I went up to him, told him that I went to the same school, and that I had a huge crush on him. Of course my friend egged me on. So I eventually did it. Except I'm such a bad liar that I didnt get enough facts from my friend. So I went up to him and told him I had a crush on him for the longest time yada yada and then he asked what dorm I lived in. Whoops! At that point I laughed and just confessed that I was talking to him as a joke. I was going to walk away but then he just continued the conversation.

Oh and what a gem he was..ha! Most memorable lines from Mr. Abercrombie "I'm glad you're here b/c the people here are kinda ugly." "Save me from the ugly girls!" "Yeah I don't date white girls so much. Its like dating a sister or a cousin, you know?" (Lol, I don't know)

I thought some of his comments about people were a little harsh until I found out that OH he used to be a manager at A&F until he was fired for making an inappropriate joke. Ha!

So we chatted a bit outside. He said he wanted to be a lawyer and how his specialty was going to be shmoozing with the jurors so he could win his case (Sound like a catch yet?) Then it came up again that he had NO game during his freshman year if his best line involved telling a girl how many condoms he had. He replied that to him freshman year of college just seemed like a candy store when it came to women so he was just trying to get laid (I bet you really love him now) and that after that he just had girlfriend, after girlfriend.... after girlfriend. LOL I love that guys feel free to tell me this stuff, but then I wonder if it ever occurs to them that saying such things kind of takes them out of the running with me.

But then it got OH so much better. Not only is Mr. Abercrombie jewish but he ALSO wants to do comedy on the side. AAAHHH not another flahshback! No no no thanks! Been there done that..

All in all though Mr. Abercrombie was fun to hang out with. And I realized sadly, that we were similar in a lot of ways (you attract what you are yes?).

So yeah, a fun night out on the town. Although I can see myself getting pretty bored of this pretty quickly.. we'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

So true. You always struck me as a bit of a Jewish amateur comedian :-p

11:11 PM  
Blogger GyangBang said...

Ha! Yes. I really believe that in another life I was a jew.. A male jew. A hilarious male jew.. yes.. this is what I believe. :)

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home