A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, August 01, 2005

Movies make for bad dates

I don't understand how dating and going to the movies go hand and hand.. at least in the beginning anyway. When you're getting to know someone, how does sitting in a dark theater staring at a screen facilitate the process? It doesn't.. unless you're trying to get to know them in the biblical sense. In that case you can find a seat in the way back and get your freak on to your heart's content. I don't necessarily recommend it though. If you've had the thought, then clearly there have been people who have done it. And as I can remember from a episode of Oprah a LONG time ago, they sampled seats in movie theaters and found FECAL MATTER and FEMALE DISCHARGE. Need I say more? Didn't thinks so.

Anyway, yesterday I went to see Wedding Crashers with Mr. Protege. It was a little impromptu. I was looking for places to live in SF and thought I'd check up on him after his 3 am wake up call.. oh how I've missed those.. or not.

In any case, he suggested we go see a movie, and being too tired to come up with anything better I went along. We both thought the movie was hilarious, but by the end of it I was just more tired and really hungry. In other words, I wasn't in the best of moods. Consequently when the topic of me moving to the city came up, instead of me sounding excited I just kept harping on the fact that I'd have to move my shit ALL over again.. So I probably didn't leave him with the best impression.. although, do I care? (Ok maybe just a teeny bit).

Either way, I feel like movie going should be reserved for couples that have been together so long they bore each other to death. That way they can still be doing something together that doesn't require them to be creative. Other than that, going to the movies is a bad date idea, no matter how good the movie is. Although some may argue that if it's a good movie you have a lot to talk about later.. again.. this is only if you have nothing else to say in the first place.

And if you insist on going to a movie, don't go to one with hot women in it. Studies show that after watching a movie with attractive women in it, men rate their dates as being less attractive. Lol... i'm not kidding.

A better idea? Well I can't figure everything out. Although getting ice cream and hanging out would have been more fun..

1 Comments:

Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Els, I will never sit comfortably in a movie theatre again. :-p

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home