A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year, New Shit to Do

HAPPY NEW YEAR! (but truthfully 2005 is kind of a lame year. 2000 and 2004 were way more epic.. but thats just me)

So its a new year and everyone is supposed to have more resolutions about how they're going to change themselves for the better. I don't know why people save such important resolutions for the new year. If you've been trying to lose 5 pounds all year, chances are just because its a new day, and ok a new year, you're not going to be more committed to the cause. All the buzz around the new year makes people intially excited and motivated. So yeah maybe your resolution starts off promising. "I resolve to stop punching people in the face." The first couple of days you're fiiine. You're happy that its another year and punching people in the face was a thing of the past. Then a couple of weeks later someone says something that pisses you off and BOOM! A punch in the face. Then you realize why you punch people in the face. It may be a deep seated hate of your life in general. A new year isn't going to change this. Years of counseling, thousands of dollars, and personal introspection might help. Not a dumb resolution.

But I guess a new year does provide an impetus to change that may not exist otherwise during the rest of the year. I mean its a rare event that i wake up on a random day of the week and think, I need to change this, this, and this about myself. Time to do it! I need the flowing alcohol, Times Square ball, and Dick Clark to get me to change. And so do a lot of other people.

At first 2005 didn't seem so exciting. I mean I'm not graduating high school, starting college, or graduating college; which is why 2000 and 2004 were so awesome. But I am starting a new job, a new relationship (yes even I have conformed to "the man's" idea that boyfriends aren't evil), and a new lifestyle, with a family that is no longer in turmoil.. for now. No longer will I be coddled by my mother and handed money just because. The government will soon be after me to pay back school loans. As much as I'd like to move to south america and live under the assumed named "Maria Lovealot" I won't. I guess in summary I'm becoming an duh duh duuuuh! "Adult" in 2005.

So I say, "Hello 2005. So nice of you to come visit. What's new with me? Well what's new with you? You can't say? Well I guess I'll have to wait until 2006 gets here. 2006 always spills the beans."

So what's your resolution? And how long do you think it will be before you throw it out like a used condom?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home