A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Crazy Nights..Lessons Learned

What a night.. I went out to Blue Chalk, a bar in Palo Alto. It was a weekend where all these college students were back home for a break. (I'm being really vague due to transgressions that will get me in trouble one day.) ANYWAY. So yeah. I went out with my big sis. At around 7pm I didn't feel like going anymore but I said damnit! I'm not going to be lame! I've been acting like an old maid after finally turning 21 and it doesn't make any goddamn sense!

So we went to the bar and the line was ridiculously long! Lori's reaction was like, OMG the line is so long lets find somewhere else. My reaction was, sweet! The line is long, it'll be good inside. My natural instinct is to just cut in front of lines.. I mean attractive girls shouldn't have to wait for service right? That's just for guys and "the uglies." Anywho I refrained from cutting in line b/c it wasn't the usual Stanford crowd that kind of mellows out and pretends not to notice anyone cutting as not to cause any confrontation (wimps!).

So we wait on line for a good 20 minutes I'd say (ridiculous!) We get up to the bouncer checking IDs and he's like hello ladies, my you both are stunning. I say "thank you" and laugh at the random comment. He doesn't hear the thank you and says "now when someone compliments you, you should say thank you." I say I did, and he apologizes and then lets us in. Dude, to skip the 20 minute wait I could have just shook my boobies and been done with it! (Lesson learned) Anyway so we get in and I ask Lori whats a good drink to order. I'm still a bar newbie for the most part. I had a really good mojito on new years a few years back at a restaurant in NY with my mom so I always just order that. They are never as good as the one I had but I don't want to order a cosmo and be so cliche! Lori says she usually orders vodka tonic's. And I'm like ew that doesn't sound good, oh well I got no other suggestions so I get a VT (I'm officially a Californian.. I don't like to speak in whole words.. thanks) To my surprise its actually not bad! So we get another and sit and drink and talk and lo and behold a really drunk guy comes over and asks if I want to dance. I tell him the song is bad and didn't want to dance. So then he's like "ok if the nexsong isgoood we, we, we should dance..." as he wobbles and I'm like yeah whatever. He comes back next song and I'm like yeah this song blows as well. And hes like ok.. Then I wait for him to turn his back and then Lori and I make a run for the dance floor downstairs.

We start jukin and jivin, lookin around b/c looking at each other would just be weird. Lori gets approached by a short guy who is objectively not really attractive, not but ugly, just eh. She politely declines and the night continues. I'm then approached by some Mexican dude.. sorry too short. Then some dude that asks my name. Lori and I agreed earlier that my name would be Jennifer. So my name is Jennifer.
Him: Where do you go to school?
Me: Stanford.
H: What do you study?
M: Human Biology.

(Dance a little to another song.)

H: My name is Blah blah. I go to UCLA. You're probably older than me. How old are you?
M: 21. How old are you?
H: 24.
M: 24! and you still go to college?
H: Yeah I'm old. I'm clearly out of my league.

(To which I agree.)

M:Yes, you are.

And walk away. I don't really remember what else happened until Lori was approached by some guy she went to high school with. She danced with him, I danced by myself for a little while until the funny shit hit the fan. This hot guy comes up to me (drunk) and is like oh hey, we should dance. At this point I'm tipsy and bored so what the heck. Then he's like oh I don't want you to be jealous b/c I have a bigger ass than you. I'm like what? You're a white guy, no way you have a bigger ass than me... unless you're name is Gabe Rosen ;) Anyway he pulls up his shirt to shake his ass and i notice his GORGEOUS six pack and overall awesome body. I mean.. rock hard! Turns out he played baseball for CAL and is now playing for some lesser known college. So anyway after the antics the bar closes down and he's like come on, "lets go twork that thing at Rudy's." I'm like first off "twork that thang?" wow.. secondly, everything in PA is shut down.

He insists its open. On the way to Rudy's we run into two girls. One of which falls all over him and says, I tried to call you inside but you didn't pick up. He says some stuff and then looks at me and is like lets go. So as we're walking he's like, "get your cute ass out off here. Get your sexy ass out of here." And I'm like LOL what? Apparently he thinks these are ways to compliment a girl. So his phone rings a couple of times, he's like I'm not even going to pick it up, you hold it.. Ok, now I'm holding this dude's cell. We run into a shit load of guys he knows one way or the other. After a while I'm like wait, do you actually know him, and the other people are like yeah I know him from such and such. And I'm like ok.. Then he runs into his black friend and starts talking about how he has huger penises than them and yadda yadda. I end up talking to them for a little while. Then the baseball player comes back and I'm back to becoming his trophy girl for the night. He tells his friends.. Look how hot she is, look at her cute face, look at her hot body. And its just amusing. I mean mostly b/c we're both drunk, otherwise it might have been offensive. Yada Yada, he goes to use the bathroom at an open restaurant and I'm outside just thinking.. wow, this would have been so much fun in college. I mean this is mostly what I did. Went to a party on the weekend had some guy on my ass for the night and kind of rolled with the flow till it was early in the morning and I didn't want to put out. Good times, good times.

Not that I wasn't having fun.. But it all wasn't the same. It was like a caricature of my entire social life at Stanford. Hot guy.. usually athlete.. drunkeness.. running around being ridiculous.. talking to people I'll never meet again.. drunken revelry I guess..

And what did I think of.. Mo.. Yes people the "guy I'm dating" finally gets a name. Mostly for purposes of practicality. Anyway, I'm like, I wonder what Mo's up to. I wonder if he's out partying with old high school friends. I wonder if he's making out with some girl from high school. She's probably not cute. etc.. I called up Lori, who had already left with her friend from high school.. ehem. And ask her to Please come pick me up. She doesn't pick up so I wait for her to get my message. In the meantime I answer the guy's phone finally. And its one of his drunk friends looking for him who then starts asking "are you hot? are you an attractive girl? if you have my friend's phone you must be. where are you? have you ordered anything to eat? how about you use your looks to get free pizza. pretty women have all the bargaining power. I'm a business major and I know that pretty women have all the bargaining power..." Yeah.. He finally finds me, Lori is outside ready to pick me up. I try to get away but the drunk friend keeps asking questions. I say peace to the hot baseball player, run into the car. But of course we have to wait for her friend to go talk to some friends. In the meantime there is some dude outside of Lori's car trying to hit on us..

Crazy night!

I did learn though, that my social perspective has definitely shifted. Like its not that I hate partying now or anything.. running around drunk with some guy I don't know has lost its appeal though. Maybe it's just that I'm dating Mo (btdub he still hasn't confirmed that he doesn't in fact hate me...) or maybe b/c its not safe to run around drunk willy nilly when you're not on a college campus. Ha. Who knows.. next weekend might be different.. But last night I knew I wanted something else.. Besides, have YOU ever tried hanging out with a hot guy/athlete? Geezus! He knows everyone and their mother and feels compelled to be a social butterfly.. and if you have little to no self-esteem, you'll be one hurt girl at the end of the night.. crazy



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

%%desc%% job is part our time management scheme.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home