A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Overwhelming Urges

So for those of you who start hating your family by Thanksgiving afternoon, I thought I'd give you a little light reading as an escape from the madness of a certain family member openly questioning your sexuality b/c for yet another year in a row there is no one "special in your life." Or your obnoxious aunt talking up her retarded kids. OR having to deal with the annoying question of "what are you going to do with your life" 100 times. I'm not saying this happens to me in particular. My family doesn't "celebrate" thanksgiving.. as in, my mother has no compelling urge to cook any other day of the year so why on Thanksgiving? We telecommute on thanksgiving.. it works.. for us.

So anyway about overwhelming urges. I woke up this morning with the overwhelming urge to call the guy i'm dating and tell him that I'm bored and maybe we shouldn't date anymore. I knew he wasn't working until 1pm so if I called him at around 9am when I woke up, he'd be around.. I told Dot I wouldn't do anything drastic while she was away for thanksgiving so I suppressed the urge and talked to a friend about it. "Why do you have the urge to break it off? Is the relationship moving to slow?" Good question.. What happened? I mean this is the person that almost made me barf b/c I liked him.. And now I'm bored. So I took my friend's advice and thought about why I felt this way. Was it the fact that he was an hour and a half late the day before? P.S. I think this makes up for being 4 hours late before. Or maybe everything is going too slow.. Is it? I mean what's the next step? Committment? Sex.. Eh not in the mood for that. And then I figured it out. Dude, this guy's not trying to impress me. He thinks its cool that we just hang out and get to know each other. YACK! I mean wtf? I mean in that case, why aren't we just friends who hang out a lot and then come to that weird moment when we both know we like each other and move from there. But oh, no. Friend's don't have sex so he wouldn't go for that one.

It's funny b/c yesterday he made an off the cuff remark, "Hm, nothing impresses you." Maybe thats true. I mean I did go to Stanford, constantly running into amazing people doing things I could not fathom doing in 10 lifetimes. Soooo, maybe my threshold for being impressed is a little high.. ok very high. But I feel that should give a person incentive to try harder. You're not dating Jane Shmo girl who went to community college and her idea of doing something exciting is riding in a limo one day. I mean I don't need anyone to live beyond their monetary and time means to impress me. Just try.. its the thought that counts.

So yet again, back at square one.. Just like on our first date.. not impressed, not interested, and apathetic.. awesome. :-/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home