A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Today? A little less boring..

I finally got my shipment from staples. Home office here I come!

I took Max to the groomers. I got called twice from the lady grooming him. Apparently Max doesnt like clippers, b/c every time she turned them on, or pulled out some sheers he went bazeerk and would try to bite her - HARD. She put a muzzle on him but he figured out how to take it off. Damn his intelligence! So the result? Shaggy face, short body hair. Eh, I'll take what I can get. Plus they gave him a cute bandana! He's so handsome.

Before I went to pick Max up, Mr. Protege called. He said I sounded suprised. Well I wasn't suprised that he called, I'm suprised he called right after work. I thought he was finally calling to set up a date in advance but not so much. "Well I was just thinking about you." Ok this is weird. I've been playing along for some time now but I finally had to bring it up to his attention that we had only been in each others presence for about an hour.. at a bar.. after we'd both been drinking.. for all he knows I could be CRAZY! Why share so much with someone you don't know? He thought it wasn't weird at all and that he assumed we were going to meet up soon anyway since I left a voice message saying we should. P.S. He actually quoted verbatim the message I left for him on Saturday. Umm.. yeah..

So after some other confusion, I'm like well why dont we figure something out. "Oh ok, I'll give you a call friday." To which I respond, no, its going to have to be more in advance. I have no idea what I'm doing Friday and I'm not going to drive to the city at the drop of a hat. PAH-LEEZE! To which he does some more shuffling. Then I say, just pick a day. "Off the top of my head?" Yes. "Ok well that's not going to happen." HAHA What? "How about I call you tomorrow to make plans. I'll have my assistant call you actually.." HA! Ok buddie.. sure thing.

I read once in some book I looked through a while ago about how guys sometimes like to string girls along with phone convos.. I assume the end point is sex. I don't know what this guy is doing.. Playing games? Stringing me along.. for sex? Awkward? Over excited? I don't really know. But I have adopted a new strategy for dating. While I used to be a bitter man hater - for no good reason mind you - I feel why not just go with the flow and see what happens? I wont judge a book by its cover unless the cover says "THIS IS A COMPLETE PSYCHO THAT WILL CHOP UP YOUR BODY AND HIDE IT IN HIS BASEMENT" Then maybe i'll decline a date. But other than that, what's the harm as long as I don't put myself in a compromising situation?

And for that matter I don't really care what his agenda is, as mine is clearly the only one that counts. I know that I'm young, single, and want to have fun (unfortunatley for guys fun doesn't include sex.. sorry boys). So I'll go with the flow of life.. until I object.

Anyway.. back to cleaning out the boxes in my room. Ah, who am I kidding? I'm taking a nap :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home