A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, April 04, 2005

A Lazy Post about the Weekend

I've been in a lazy mood for a few days now.. I thought I would get over it.. but not so much. Anyway here is a backwards recap of my weekend.. You might want to read from the end up (hehe, you'll get it later.. its not really funny)

Sunday

Max is a Prick

Maximus has a 3pm appointment at the groomers so they can give him a bath to make him stop smelling like whatever crap he rolled in the day before. Max has other plans. I go to the gas station and stupidly, leave my keys in the ignition and close the door behind me so he doesn't get out. The bastard jumps up on the door and lands right on the door lock, effectively locking me out of the car with no keys. Thank god my roommate was home, but of course I can never remember where I place things so I had to have her come pick me up so I could find my spare key. I finally find it in some bag I never unpacked.. We ended up missing the appointment. Oh Max, you're not free yet.. I've made another appt for Wednesday, whether you like it or not! (As if he's reading this.. as if he can read)
Later that night instead of doing his business outside, he thinks its a good idea to run up to one of the neighbors who then thinks its a good idea for max to reek havoc in their apt. I spent 10 minutes standing around as if I gave a shit, despite the shit load of work I needed to do. argh!

Saturday

Two's Better than Zero

My phone is finally recharged. Get a message from Mr. Protege which was left the night before.

I decide not to go out. Not only am I extremely tired, I have a shit load of work to do that I negelected to even start on Friday. Mr. Oldie (the 30 year old grad student) calls. I still don't know if I want to talk to him. He left me a cute fumbling message the day before. Eh, I'll let him leave another message. Eh, I feel bad, I call him back. Chat with Mr. Oldie for about 20 minutes. He's still out of town.. bored at his brothers appt.

Oh here is where I rant. Mr. Oldie also has an older brother who is a successful corporate lawyer. WHY do I keep running into the lawyer's younger brothers who are doing something completely different.. I dont know. Actually I do know. Their brothers are too busy working to be out partying or being social. It would be rude to ask any of these guys to give their brothers my number huh? Actually I'm over my lawyer thing. Too many of them are arrogant pricks with a huge sense of entitlement. But until I figure out a new future husband prototype, I'll fall back on the first one..

Anyway, Mr. Oldie said he'd give me a call later in the week to plan something.. I'm not so excited about this guy. But why not have fun right?

Later I returned the phone call from Mr. Protege. I left a message. I told him that I had an awesome time at the gay club and if he actually wanted to meet up, since we live about an hour away from each other, maybe he should actually plan ahead.. He called back 20 minutes later. We chatted for about 20 minutes. At the end of the convo I brought up the planning ahead thing. His response "Yeah I'll give you a call later in the week to see.." Um yeah.. I don't think he gets it. But he'll learn, or just be crossed off the list.

Here is another rant. Why do guys think its ok to just "chat me up" on the phone when they hardly know me. It makes me feel like I'm the girlfriend that has to listen to their bullshit. Except I don't get the perks of being the girlfriend! Mr. Oldie talked about his brother's pet turtle and some other random ish I don't care about. Mr. Protege was telling me about how work went for the week. I do not know you! Why should I care? Sigh.. Now that I think of it, I was annoyed that my ex usually only called to plan to do something and hardly called just to shoot the breeze.. I guess I'm never happy :)

Friday

Yay Gay Men!

Friday was aweeeeeesome! I went to The End Up in the city which has Fag Fridays. Now normally I wouldn't be so excited about going to a gay club. No one is even looking at me! But then again, I get to dance however the hell I want without having a short fat guy being like "hello baby."

So I started the night off by going to see a probate show for one of the black sororities on campus. I'm not in it, but I was supporting a friend. Before the show started, Mr. Protege called and asked me what I was up to for the evening. I told him I would be heading to the city later in the evening but didnt remember the name of the place I was going. He asked me to call him once I got to the city.. sure thing..

Went to hang at Rex's for a bit, then headed to the city with some of Rex's friends. While in the car I get a call from an oh so crazy ex, who asked me to make a U-turn so I could come pick him up from a bar in Palo Alto. Um yeah. No. I wasn't even driving. The easiest way to get rid of this particular ex is to dangle the actual possibility of hanging out in front of him. Somehow this freaks him out. Told him that we should hang out on Saturday.. predictably he freaks and lets me off the phone.

Get to the city and call Mr. Protege, who on hearing which club I am going to gets hesitant b/c its a gay club. Oh well.. Says he'll call in an hour. My phone dies.

At the gay club Rex and I have the fortune of staring at a gorgeous! asian guy.. too bad he's gay. After a while he approaches Rex and I to dance. Heaven! Apparently its his birthday.. he's turning 27. He has a straight friend with him. He introduces us. I run to the bathroom, Rex flirts with the straight friend. Come back and get free drinks from gorgeous guy's boyfriend/bestfriend/?. Too bad I wasn't drinking for the night! Just ordered water :(

Anywho I start dancing with gorgeous gay guy who thinks I should be a model (aww thanks) and keeps going on and on about how awesome of a body I have (he works at gold's gym so this is a huge compliment). I have an awesome time dancing with gorgeous gay guy - 1.) Get to oggle great eye candy 2.) get to dance however I want without "giving the wrong message" 3.) endless compliments from someone who can really appreciate the loveliness of a woman.

I swear every woman should got to a gay club at least once.. maybe even twice.

The night is topped off with a stop at a late night crepe place. Mmm egg and cheese crepe. I'm in heaven! Great night Rex ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

I wouldn't so much as call it "flirting" as "wondering why in this room full of great dancers I wind up with the one guy who can't dance." Oh well, dancing with a gay guy for too long would make me feel inadequate about my own skills - though you did a fine job holding up your end!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Rex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! So unfair. I need to turn 21 yesterday.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home