A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Dressed like a whore on Easter sunday..

With my bra stuffed in my purse, along with a hat - in case it rained in SF - I got on the 10:00 AM caltrain realizing that people looking at me would either think that A.) I had the audacity to wear such a slutty outfit to church or B.) I was a hooker looking for redemption. Neither of these were the case. I hadn't even realized it was easter sunday until the cab driver mentioned it. Through a long series of events I somehow ended up doing the "train ride of shame" back to PA sunday morning. Another weekend..another crazy night.

A great friend of mine came to cali to visit for spring break and she and I and another friend headed off to SF to pretty much get drunk off our asses and have fun (Note to self: getting drunk off your ass does NOT = fun.. especially when your home is an hour away) Any who, by the end of the night I wasn't wasted, thank god, but something about the Almond Drops we had at a bar earlier in the night was disturbing my stomach.

Anyway we got to the city and took a taxi to the haight. On our way we passed by the strangeness of market and mission having multiple blocks that had lost electricity. Ah whatever, interesting sight but thank god we're not hanging in this area. We get to the haight and the restaraunt we want to dine at has an hour and a half wait. We decide to go get drinks in the meantime. Sitting at a swanky-ish bar we endulged in drinks with weird names, but ultimately decided that the Almond drop was the best. It tasted good and somehow made us extremely tipsy after one drink.. dont know why we proceeded to drink more. Suddenly, while we were trying to get a tab opened, the lights went out. Looking outside, much of the haight was experiencing a black out. Thank god the weird guy sitting next to me was an electrician and saw the blackout as an opportunity to strut his stuff. He started talking about some mumbo jumbo, clearly proud of himself. We ended up getting in contact with another friend who told us the blackout had not hit her area so we left the bar to find a cab. After being accosted by a large group of crazy looking men we hopped into the cab and went looking for fun on Polk.

Fun, we found.

Potential #8/Mr. Cig Breath

I believe we were in Nob Hill, which I think is the Russian district or some such ish. Anyway one of my friends got convinced by another to go up to these guys sitting at a table and ask them to join us. There were originally 4 guys at the table, but two disappeared, so the other two joined the party. Neither of them were especially attractive and the way the seating was set up, they ended up talking to two other members of our 4 person group. Another friend and I just talked about what our "type" of guy was. Eventually the two other guys reappeared. I didnt think they were so cute either. So instead my friend and I proceeded to look out the window and gauk at the hot guys walking down the street. Despite my obvious disinterest at what was going on around me, I was reluctantly pulled into the conversation b/c I'm the token new yorker. After being a complete bitch and giving completely curt answers, the guy sitting next to me, Mr. Cig Breath was completely smitten. Go fuckin figure! Mr. Cig Breath was fairly attractive although he seemed like a push over... i'm not into that. He went to college in Cincinnati or something and interns in something that escapes me in the city. Not only was I put off by the fact that he smoked.. and that I could smell it on his breath, I also didn't like how much in love he was with SF. I mean the city is growing on me but its OK.. and trying to convince me that its "amazingly awesome" isnt going to work. And then citing that you can smoke pot wherever you want to in the city isn't going to win me over either. Anyway, I didnt end up giving the guy my number. Instead after my other friends realized the guys they were talking to were lame, we all ran into a cab as fast as possible...

Potential #9/Mr. Protege

We finally ended up at this place either called Gravity.. or something else, I don't really remember. Its in the yuppy north beach area I think. Anyway my friends wanted to dance badly, as did I, so we headed straight to the back to the dance floor. As I tried to walk, a guy stops in front of me and gives some line about "Oh I just have to talk to you b/c blah blah." I'm used to this so I tell myself "what the fuck mate." Except the guy is taller than me. My eyes finally make their way up to his face when I say "Why hello." He's a cutie! I tell him my friends also want to go to the bathroom and he starts saying things like "Well I mean, I know you dont know if people are crazy, so you dont want to leave your friends." I ask him if he is in fact crazy. He says no but would understand if i somehow thought he might be.. umm ok.. weird.. the whole night i made sure I had my friends in sight.

Although I said before that I would never do the 20 questions routine with a guy I just met, at the suggestion of my mother, I found myself doing it. I am very skeptical about people at clubs/bars. Like my friend says "You think to yourself, hey I'm normal, there should be normal people here. But then you realize, nope. Everyone here is crazy." So I found myself asking Mr. Protege if he went to college, what he does, where he lives, if he lives with his parents..etc.. I didn't purposely do it, I was just compelled to..

In any case, I danced with the guy for a while and being my usual self I kept making fun of him and told him that in dancing he'd get a C-. To my suprise he turned the tables and gave me the sass right back! Who does that? Some people like it but it kind of made me uncomfortable for someone to have a comeback for everything I said :( Interesting nonetheless. Anyway after hanging out with Mr. Protege for a little while I thought I should at least know his name. He first said his name was Tom, then he said Adam. Umm.. ok.. He then pulls out his phone which has his name on it to prove that his name was indeed Adam.. After this, I expected him to ask me what my name was.. but no. I decided then that I'd just have fun with the rest of the night and make sure I didn't get separated from friends.

All of a sudden Mr. Protege picks up his phone starts yelling something and then tells me how he has these "proteges" that he trains. O-M-G WHY?? Am I an Egomaniac magnet? I swear. I asked him how he acquired these proteges and what exactly he was teaching them.. apparently some guys who live down the street from him and he's teaching them how to "live." Whatever that means. I thought he was just talking shit, but sure enough 15 minutes later, 2 guys walk in and he introduces them as "his proteges." They take no offense to this introduction.. wow..

Anyway, Mr. Protege eventually has to leave and then finally asks my name. I asked him why it took him so long to ask. His response.. "what's the point in getting a girl's name if you dont know if you want to talk to her again?" uh.. fair enough. But apparently I "passed" some test I wasnt aware of taking.. He asked me if he passed my test (really dude, we're out of school stop with the fuckin test talk!) I told him overall he got a C- so I guess thats passing... barely. He asked if he could have my number. I thought about it and thought, eh, what the hell.. I gave it to him. And he asked me if I always gave people who got C-'s my number. I told him only the ones who I thought were cute, and thus had a lot of potential. He told me that I was very beautiful and fun to hang out with. We parted ways with a handshake - him off with his "proteges" and I off with wasted friends :)

Ahh the young, single life...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Grave Digger said...

You should have graded the proteges too.

Bang: well, your advisor has done nothing but provide you with the worst counseling - somehow you managed to ignore it. C+

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home