A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, December 16, 2006

3-year FREE TRIAL OFFER!

I was just thinking... a lot about society has changed in the last 50 years. In terms of relationships, there is the age old saying, "Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" Sayings like this seriously made me wonder about what would motivate a man to want to marry a woman if they were already being intimate in their relationship. But it dawned on me recently that you know, for better or worse, social norms continue to evolve. Whereas decades ago many people were restrained by social norms and religious views on the issue of sex before marriage, these days more and more people are saying "You wouldn't buy a car without kicking the tires would you?" Increasingly, it seems like more and more people are realizing that hey, marriage is hard. You don't want to make it harder by being sexually incompatible or even incompatible roommates. So it is in one's best interest to give the relationship a test drive before sealing the deal.

So I thought of another metaphor for relationships before marriage. You know how you get those magazine offers - 30 Day free trial! Well relationships are kind of like that these days. Except the free trial period is more like 3 years.. well for me anyway. There is a 3 year free trial offer. After that if you're satisfied with the product you can choose to buy it - marriage. If you're not satisfied, while you won't get your money back for all the dates and gifts, you won't be made to pay for anything else if you decide not to marry. So maybe it isnt a completely *free* trial. Maybe I should say, 3-year discounted rate. lol. Maybe I should just stop with the metaphors :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Cool - looks like blogger is letting me post comments again (though, that may be to your chagrin...haha!) Anyway, about your post:

If I can borrow a phrase you use sometimes: AHAHAHA!!! OMG, that is classic. I love the metaphors here. :-)

I have a question that you don't have to answer. I'll post it here, and maybe even someone else will answer it. Either way. I'm wondering what "sexually incompatible" means? Humor me. Treat me as the ignorant fool I maybe am. Is it like different sex drive levels? Or two people "don't fit" well together maybe? *cough* Or one of them likes it a certain way but the other doesn't? I've heard some fairly intimate things from people, but I never got this one explained. Just curious is all, and since you brought it up I figured I'd ask.

I think I should make a poster: Everything I need to know about sex I learned from my friends. Hee. :-)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Kel The Younger said...

PS I was just thinkin' that my question is kind of X-rated - you can e-mail me instead if you want. :-D Mental note: no more X-rated questions in public.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home