A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, December 09, 2006

I REALLY need to stop procrastinating

But I cant... I don't agree with all of her points, but I agree a lot with her points at the end about 30 year olds thinking, "but I'm so young!" I especially like the part where she mentioned the "crinkled" eyes. LOL! I was raised by a full blown feminist and while I embrace most of my mother's ideas and ideals, I do understand one thing - human nature is human nature, and you can only fight it for so long. I think my mother realizes this too. When I was young she would say, "don't get married its a waste of time." Now that I'm getting older she knows its inevitable, maybe even necessary for me, and gives me advice on what to look for in a husband. Its no offense to those who are 30+ who still don't have the family and the house and feel that they don't need it by that age, but what I take away from the article, and what I believe most is that the "feminist movement" gave women the right to CHOOSE what they want out of life. To accomplish this, the pendulum had to swing far to the left. But with this new found freedom, its time to be more balanced. Have your career, have your family, don't settle for less in the meantime, but also, don't deny yourself your natural inclinations. No matter what us youngins think now, there will be a time when your ovaries creep into dreams and turn them into nightmares! BABIES! BABIES! BABIES!

:-P

This is a looong article:

http://www.cnn.com/books/beginnings/9902/why.happiness/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home