A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, May 30, 2005

I Won!

So a lot of the time when I dish out dating advice, it more or less revolves around playing some game. Truth and open honesty are not my forte. Moreover, I just dont think its much fun to start a relationship that way. The funny thing is that I do know the pitfalls of playing games with another person. Usually you just play them until you both give up and walk away. Or you stop playing them and mutually concede. But not this time baby. This time I WON, HANDS DOWN!

Tonight I was sitting at my computer surfing the internet, taking a break from studying, but who should call but my current suitor, Mr. Protege. For the past two months I've been nothing less than confused by him. First off, from the beginning he made it "clear" that he was pursuing a "friendship." I mean common sense should have told me that men don't hit on girls at a bar just to become friends with them. But little, stupid, naive me thought, hm, maybe he does just want to be friends. I mean he didnt try to stick his hand up my skirt... Not to mention, when he'd call he never really tried to set up a "date." More like, hey if you're going to be in the city, maybe we should meet up. We tried to meet up for (quite literally) months, but b/c we both refused to chase the other one around, we just never met up. Until finally I capitulated and went to the place he was at. (Of course I made up a really good excuse for even being in the area)

I was glad that I gave in, b/c the rest of the night he followed me around like a puppy. And by the end of the night he asked if we could hang out the following day. He called 30 minutes after leaving to make sure we were still hanging out. He called the following morning to further confirm plans. And then finally, we hung out. Good times. Then he called that night just to shoot the breeze. He said he'd call "later in the week" so I just waited... and waited..

Fast forward to Friday. Like I said before he called around 9. Then he called again at 3am (no it wasn't a booty call, we live practically an hour away). Then he called Saturday morning at 11. Talked about some more of nothing. By the end of the convo, again he didnt ask for a date or anything. I called a friend who claimed him to be a "stalker" and asked her what she thought. She wisely suggested that he might have wanted to hang out on Saturday but since I told him I had class, didnt say anything. Aha.. now it makes sense why he kept saying "I wonder what I'm going to do today. I usually have errands and stuff to run on Saturdays but I dont really have any today. Hm, what am I going to do." I didn't pick this up until much later.. duh..

Anyway afterwards I figured, if he's that shy or insecure about asking me out again I'll just hand him a date on a silver platter. I text him saying that if he wanted to distract me from studying he should feel free. A text message convo later, I'm still confused, and finally realize, yup, he's inept. And this whole time I just thought he was a player with a lot of different women, with hardly any ability to keep up with who he talked to and when. But no.. for whatever reason he was too insecure to be upfront with me.. And lets face it, who really forgets if they've called someone? Even if you did forget, with a cell phone its quite easy to check your recent calls log, which also conveniently tells you when last you called someone..

Then tonight he calls. I dont get reception in my room so I get up to move to a place where I do get reception but I had already missed the call. I call him back but I can't really hear him b/c he's at some party. Finally he asks if its ok if he calls me tomorrow. He asks me this three times and I say yes each time. He tells me to listen to the voice message he just left. I do. And quote "Could you just call somebody? I mean, I don't think I've put this much effort into anyone, ever. It's kind of a turn on, actually. Oh wait there you are. I hope you listen to this message later."

And can I just point out the merits of alcohol. The truth just comes spilling out doesn't it?

Ahh, I'll continue to bask in this victory until another challenge comes along. Well I actually like this guy. So for all of you who think I'm going to just use this advantage to jerk him around, you're wrong.. sorta :)

I think I finally understand why men love playing the game. It's because they usually always win! And winning my friends.. there's nothing better :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home