A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, May 28, 2005

I'm a tad confused about this whole calling thing..

So after a ridiculously fun weekend last week, with a guy that my friends have dubbed my "stalker," stalker or no stalker I was on cloud 9. I mean how often do you meet a guy that's willing to just have fun sans attempting to immediatly get into your pants. The weekend ended with him calling, chatting about who remembers what, and having him say "I'll call you later in the week."

The week goes by, no call. I already leaped off of cloud 9 by Tuesday, realizing that as much as I might like the guy, men can be fickle fickle creatures. Fast foward to Friday still no call.. at this point I give up for good... I'm used to it, no big deal. 9:21 PM Friday night he calls. I don't pick up. The message? Blah blah blah something about how I don't call him enough.. I should call him back.

And here's where I'm confused. If you tell someone you're going to call them, why do you expect them to call you? Furthermore, you're pretty much saying that you didnt call, expecting me to miss you so much that I'd call. Hm.. Well I should probably tell him that he should take a number.

A.) I hardly initiate calls to friends I've known for forever. It probably has to do with the fact that my mother always hated when I called my friends or always wanted to visit them b/c she didn't want me to be a "burden" to their family (running up phone bills, eating all their food, etc). I think she was raising me to be a loner. Good job mom. Consequently, I have no real urge to get in contact with people most of the time.

B.) Oh I know this game. Its all fine and dandy when you dont call guys, and then they complain that you dont care. So you think hm, ok, I'll call, it seems harmless. Then all of a sudden they feel "smothered." B/c I called you once? One friend advised me to never initiate contact with a guy in the beginning, and only when in an established relationship. I guess everyone's different though. Some are needier than others etc.. and

C.) If we're going to play the game of holding out, I'm always going to win. I am suprisingly good at pretending I don't care for loooong periods of time, long enough until I actually don't care.

And that's that..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home