A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Should I give a damn?

Per my usual dating life, my current situation can be described as "complicated" and/or just plain "weird." For those who I haven't called and complained to already about the situation.. I'm currently NOT dating my roommate. What are we actually doing? Well when I get the answer to that I'll let you know. How did we get into this ambiguous situation? Well it all started on a Saturday night and involved lots and lots of alcohol. The only clear thing that came of the hazy night my roommate made a move on me was that we liked each other.

So what happens when people CLEARLY like each other? Well.. usually they date.. unless.. their roommates. Well what if you like someone enough to go for it anyway? Well, again.. usually you date, unless the guy feels he has come to a point in his life where he needs to be a pimp.. in which case, you don't date.

Simple eh? No dating right? WRONG. Why? B/c some guys think they want to be pimps. They imagine what life would be like having a Pamela Anderson or Beyonce look-a-like in their bed every night. A new girl for each day of the week is the going fantasy.. But one starts to wonder how truly "awesome" it would be to have such a thing happen given that in a survey of quality of life, single men are among the least happy cohort in the US while single women are the second happiest cohort.. second to who you ask? Second to men in RELATIONSHIPS!! Dun dun duuun.. So we have a bit of a conundrum.. On one hand we have men who fight tooth and nail for the freedom they covet sooo much, swearing that with this freedom their going to get laid ALL the time by different women. On the other hand, you have the stats.. most men actually don't like being alone. The freedom they covet so much, in the end, means little in terms of their happiness..

So you may ask, what is my roommate doing with the freedom he's fighting for? Hm lets see in the past three days he's tried to hook up with me twice, and finally got me to sleep in his bed (with minimal hanky-panky) by whining enough about it.

So given that my roommate, being the male that he is, is not using the freedom I have more than granted him to do whatever or whomever he wants, and would really get more action on a regular basis if we dated, do you think if I presented this case to him he would agree to finally start dating me so we can be done with this whole charade? If you said yes, you'd be WRONG. B/c apparently the male brain doesn't work that way. He's going to have to go about doing his own thing until he "realizes" that being a "player" ain't all its cracked up to be.. which is fine except, my roommate is L-A-Z-Y AND PICKY! You can't be a picky player! Or a lazy one for that matter, unless your name is Brad Pitt. How do you expect to get ass??

Well my friends, my patience has run out and I want to take some action. Not any direct, straightforward action... no, no that doesnt go well in the dating world. More like soft, gentle nudging.. i.e. being manipulative :) BUT being the kind of person I am, I like when my friends are happy and I don't like being clingy. So the more I think about coaxing my roommate into a relationship, the more I worry if I'm doing something wrong. Why cage a bird that wants to be free? Well the other problem is I see women do it ALL the time! It is my opinion that I am part of the 10% of the female population whose main goal is not to trap a man but be an equal friend/lover with one. And how far has that gotten me? Nowhere! Apparently men are to be hunted and devoured.. again not directly.. but in that manipulative sort of way.. b/c left to their own devices they'd just be sad and lonely with all that freedom they swear they want.

So what have I ultimately decided? Well turns out I'm not the most decisive person when it comes to dating.. I'll give it another couple of weeks though. In the meantime I will build enough resolve to reject EVERY advance made by my roommate.. and maybe just maybe he'll pull his head out of his ass and realize how utterly ridiculous his thought process is.. MAYBE..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home