A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm done giving advice to girls/women

Ok I should really say, I'm done being invested in the outcome of any advice I give. I mean I love giving advice. Especially when I turn out being right whether the advice was heeded or not. But honestly, why are women so dumb? "But Bang, you're a woman, aren't you dumb?" Well that's neither here nor there since the cardinal rule of advice givers is : "Do what I say, not as I do." After having a conversation with the good ol Mom I've come to some resolution about how I see the world and why other women don't see it the same way.

First off, I took a test a while ago that supposedly tells you how male or female your brain is. Not only do I have more of a "male" brain, my ring finger is longer than my pointer finger.. which apparently means I was exposed to more testosterone in the womb.. um.. yeah.. So friends that have told me that I date more like a guy than a woman aren't far off! (I'm not a lesbian though.. I swear)

Anyway, enough about me.. Who am I kidding, more about me. Anyway today I had a discussion with a friend who is deciding on a career move, but some of what is clouding her judgement is the fact that she met a new guy (barf!). I don't know how many times I've been pissed off by women who base their decisions in life about a guy who in a few months, a year, etc, will be long gone. And can we also point out the fact that most men do not make such sacrifices for their partners unless they are truly invested in the relationship and its actually going somewhere?

More than that, I realize my friend DOES know what the right move is... what's keeping her from making the right move? EMOTIONS. Yack! There is simply no way to get around the fact that women are emotional creatures. Although women have common sense, all of that gets pushed to the side for the sake of emotions.. This is how psycho biznatches are created, why abused women stick around, why few women ever reach their intellectual potential...

It's sad really. But then I looked at it from a social perspective. In relationships there is always the controlled and the controller, period. Keep fooling yourself by believing relationships are about equality these days... relationships dont work like this. Just like you can't have two diva's in a room, you can't have two domineering people in a relationship.. too much drama. More often than not the man ends up being the controller.. why? B/c men end up being more logical than emotional and therefore have the ability to manipulate and control women by evoking an emotional response. I mean this isn't all bad. Sh** has to get done in the world. Little is going to get done if people are at home fighting over power all day. And in the interest of not sounding ridiculously sexist.. women can hold power in a relationship too, making the man submissive.. What did Lil' Kim say? Oh yes.. Pu**y is power.

Realizing that I'm more logical than emotional, I've come to terms with the fact that I will almost never see eye to eye with my girlfriends on relationship issues. More than that, I have to realize that my *logical* advice will almost never be heeded since emotions are always going to get in the way. Isn't it better for a girlfriend to tell you to "follow your heart" rather than "he's a fuc*in loser, dump his loser a**?" Even further, my motivations in life are different. I'm all about maximizing status, being independent, and living and learning from mistakes. Some people are simply passing through, looking for love/codependency, and making mistakes over and over again b/c its more comfortable than trying something new.

Ah well. All this said, don't be discouraged to ask me for advice. And realize that I really don't care if you take it or not. Just giving me the opportunity to hear myself talk is worth it for me :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kel The Younger said...

Why didn't I ever find one of those women who would plan her life around me??? Wait! Not that I'd *want* her to do that, but it's just the thought. A lot of things are like that in love, things you hope your lover will never ask you to do but that you would if you had to. Anyway, all the girls I ever seem to have met...let me categorize them. There were only three things they could possibly love:

1) Their prestigious career plans
2) Themselves
3) God and/or Jesus

Love another human being? Forget it. Even the ones who were dating were just faking it, just enjoying bringing something home to mom and dad to show off.

Talk about shallow; I've stepped in deeper puddles.
-- from Summer School

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home