A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

My First I Love You

It was more than a year ago that I wrote about my first "date" post-college. Hm.. maybe 2 years ago. While my first date was more normal than unusual, the first time a guy said the words "I love you" to me was a little weird.

The bf's last day at work and last day at his apartment was Friday. He calls drunk as a skunk at 8pm leaving a message asking why Long Island Iced Teas are named after Long Island since its such a "weak" place.. mind you he's never been to Long Island. I call him back to tease him about not inviting me out to his Alcoholics Anonymous Extravaganza - I say teasing b/c I already know the answer - "You're with your mom! I didn't think you'd come." Fair point. I let him ramble on b/c somehow I sense what's coming:

"I'm really really drunk. Bang, I love you..."

Tada! Now was that hard? But uh oh, he had to go and mess it up:

"...but I don't know what's going to happen when I move... but I just wanted to say that I really loved the time I spent with you."

Um is this just me or did it just sound like he gave me the "thanks for the good times, peace out" line? I went to a guy friend to check, and of course he had a different take on it.

"Well he was obviously uninhibited and was just expressing his doubts about how things are going to turn out. He's probably more afraid of you breaking up with him."

Hm, ok, I didn't hear that at all. But I recently found out that not only is there a 3% difference between chimp male DNA and human human male DNA, but also, there is a 3% difference between human male and female DNA.

Go figure! No wonder they don't make sense..

Either way, I'll be sure to have fun starting up the conversation - "Hey remember the other night when you were really drunk and said x,y, and z? Did you mean it?"

Gotta love it.


In other news, moms are AWESOME. Its been a long time since I felt so supported even in my daily activities - fed well, given good advice, and having belly aching laughs. Not to mention, it's also been a while since Max and my apartment have been so clean!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home