A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Unsolicited Comments

On the car ride to my July 4th trip with the bf we had a random conversation -

Me: Well if you ever have 3 children you ideally want to have girl, boy, girl. That way each child has a role - eldest, youngest - and the boy doesn't get middle child syndrome b/c he's the only boy and will get his fair share of attention.
Him: Well I don't want girls period. Is there a way people can pick and choose the sex of their baby?
Me: Uh.. not that I know of, but I'm sure one day you and your wife will be able to go to a doctor and say you only want this sex and you'll never have to have a girl.
Him: Hm, that sounds unnatural. I'll just take my chances the natural way and if I have a girl I'll just put her in a river.
Me: [laughing at the retardedness] - he's not being serious...
Me: Well if I had kids, I'd much prefer to have a boy first and then a girl.
Him: Yeah b/c then the boy could take care of his little sister.. I still think two boys is the best way to go.
Me: Ha. Good luck with that. Just dont go beheading your wife because she can't produce boys, because that would be your fault.
Him: Right.

Fast forward to heading back home from the trip. Driving back to the city we had to cross the bay bridge. The toll-booth guy, who was African, felt like opening his big mouth.

Toll Guy: Hello my brother-in-law.
BF: Um, hi, how are you?
TG: I'm good. Are you married to that beautiful lady?
BF: Uh, no.
TG: Oh my god! What are you waiting for? Can't you see how beautiful she is? I tell you what, if you marry her come back and tell me and I'll give you a gift.
BF: Really? That's awesome!
TG: And her first child for you will be a boy.
BF: Wow, thanks!
TG: Have a good night.
BF: You too.

Um? W-T-F? Eh, I guess it could have been worse. The guy could have made some stranger comments, so I'll just be amused by the randomness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home