A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Put up and Shut up!

I've decided to quit my bitchin'... well sorta. No one MADE me decide to go into medicine. And it wasn't like I didn't know it was going to be hard. So its time for me to stop complaining about how so and so gets to do this and that.

I made this decision after talking to a doctor at a dinner party. I complained to her about how I felt like I was in the prime of my life and was spending all this time holed up in libraries and lecture halls. She simply laughed at me and said, "You are NOT in the prime of your life. Wait until you get older."

I guess she's right. I'm just a naive 23 year old. What do I know about life? And even if it takes me until 30 to start practicing (you know the kind of practicing where I'm not crying over an attendant yelling at me and calling me incompetent) at least THEN I'll be in the prime of my life and will have more autonomy over my life than I could ever imagine.

She also told me that she had a "Faaabulous time" in medical school. I looked at her as if she had two heads. Then she explained, "Yes, the first two years were very rigorous, but I still found ways to have fun. And clinics, oh those are wonderful!"

Ok, fine. Sigh.. back to work.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

haha, my favorite part of this post is the topic labels at the bottom;)

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home