A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

When Liking Someone Makes you Physically ill

Besides the election results making me physically ill, I found myself getting nauseated while on a date the other day. I'll be the first one to admit that i've never been in a relationship and I don't quite understand them. Like when you like someone so much you want to spend all your time with them.. I'd rather watch television. Then again I'm a television addict. Or why people spend so much time in a relationship they know is going nowhere. Why not just enjoy being single?

In anycase as I sat watching television (like i said, i'm addicted) with my date when the conversation travels into awkward zone. He tells me about his past relationships and how they've always been long term and then asks me how many relationships I've been in. Huh? Now I've been asked how many people I've hooked up with. Relationships? That would be nil. And as he continues the conversation I feel myself becoming physically ill. My stomach starts to hurt. Then he asks an inane question and then kisses me. Oh I'm going to puke. I don't though. I get my act together and don't puke in the dude's mouth. Good for me.

I talked to my roommate about my episode. Is this a hurdle I'm not going to be able to get over? You know, getting sick at the prospect of being in a "relationship"? She assures me that it happens to her too. And it probably happens to a lot of people. Phew! B/c I need to get married someday and if I can't make it past a few dates with a person, mail order groom would be my only option. So I've resolved to take things slow and take my own advice. I'll let the dude muse about anything serious and just ignore it until I'm ready to hear it. And who knows, I might pull my usual gimmick of sabotaging anything good in my life. Or maybe he'll realize why I've never been in a relationship and run the other way. Whatevs..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home