A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Chaos Returns

Funny that in college chaos in my social life was always exciting. What's going to happen next? Well I don't know.. yay! more drama! But now that i'm so much older and nobler (ha! did i even spell that right?) the chaos isnt so exciting anymore. It just kind of makes me tired.

Potential #4/ Mr. Old Flame

Hm. I think this one will be a lesson to me in the future that when you break up with someone, you might think your world is over, but really its not. And one day you'll see them again and wont even remember what you saw in them. It happened to my mother with my dad, and it pretty much happens to everyone who is sane and loves themselves. Two years ago I was totally infatuated with Mr. Old Flame. As a matter of fact, I had a crush on him since I was a freshman! And after we stopped dating I thought to myself, what's wrong with this guy? Why doesnt he realize how great I am? But its stupid to try to convince people of your worth. You should never have to do that.. unless you're on a job interview - then its time to sell yourself like you're a two cent hooker on a street corner in the dead of winter in Alaska tryna find a warm car to settle in. Anyway... So yeah it took time, but I eventually got over it. Our friendship was weird for a while, but with time it went back to normal and things were just fine... until he changed his mind.. fast forward 2 years and things are awkward again. After hanging out with him for a while though, I realized that there was no more passion left. At least from my side. I am, how you say, completely over it. I felt conflicted for a little while. Like wow, how things change so dramatically. But I talked to a friend about it and she gave me some pretty good advice. According to her brother there are fundamental rules of dating. When you break up with a guy and he comes back he A.) has to have a reallly good reason for coming back or B.) wants to have you as a booty call option. So its best to just move on (especially b/c Mr. Old Flame lacks the reallly good reason). As she says, I should tell him "Sorry, the office of Elsie's Relationships is closed. Here is a brochure on what you missed out on. Thanks, and have a great day." Haha! Great. Anyway it also goes to show that guys should really try harder to end things well. Don't string the girl along or be rude. Just be nice about it. B/c when you try to return she'll remember what you did to her in the past. And anyone with enough self respect would NOT let themselves enter the same situation again.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Grave Digger said...

Relationships with Elsie
A History


Elsie has dated a wide variety of men, from athletes to athletes... to people who aren't athletes, such as fratties and comedians. Elsie's interests range from sports and media (television, music, internet) to law (students) and health and medicine, so she is available for a wide range of conversation and activities.

Elsie has dated many, been exclusive with few, and seeks a man worthy of her attention. However, history has taught her (and the rest of us) that previous flames are generally around for all the wrong reasons, and at has since decided to ward off most pre-owned suitors.

Which brings us to the present. If you are male, single, handsome, mature, and your career falls within the bounds of acceptable interests, activities, and salary, she may be interested in dating. But don't count on it. After all, she is a hot commodity.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home