A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Everything Happens for a Reason

In the past two weeks I've lost two men, well boys - Mo and quite recently Maximus, my 8 month old puppy. I being the idiot that I am let him roam around our apartment complex which is enclosed by gates, but of course one of the gates was open and he got out.

I was thinking of the similarities of both losses and its quite eerie how the losses are one in the same.

A.) I didnt cry immediatly after either loss. I mean I did want to give Max away a few weeks ago but couldnt bring myself to do it. I did want to break up with Mo a few months ago but I just said, what the heck.

B.) There is a window of emotional turmoil. Ah even I felt like crap when we broke up. Eh, I don't feel like crap yet about Max, but once the initial shock has worn off I'm sure I'll start to worry.

C.) I assume either of them has a large probability of showing up on my doorstep once again, although many things can keep this from happening (i.e. getting hit by a car, being abducted by a new owner, etc.)

D.) Do I really want either of them back? Ok I do love Max and I wouldn't be horrified if he came back. I'd be glad actually.. but maybe everything happens for a reason. Or at least that mantra keeps me from feeling like shit..

Maybe I'll get a newer, improved dog tomorrow.. well actually since I don't want a new dog, maybe my life will be made easier in his absence.. which I assume will be brief..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home