A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, March 06, 2005

New Mailing List

I feel like my love life is like a revolving door. Out with the old, in with the.. even older. Yesterday I was visited by an ex. I was kind of annoyed because I didn't have the ample time one needs to prep when one hangs out with an ex. It's a balance of looking good enough for them to realize what they're missing but not overboard to the point where they know you tried, b/c that's just lame. I was quite happy when I heard from this ex. I thought finally! we can be friends! How exciting! Everything went well until he offered me money for a lap dance :-/ Though I did contemplate taking the money I quickly realized that even though he thought it was all in good fun, I'd rather not demean myself. And with that I realized that people rarely change at the pace you would like them to. But with enough time and distance I think we can end up being good-ish friends. Or at least friendly aquaintances.

The whole situation also made me think that I should start a mailing list. I'm sure there are some other guys out there that I was romantically involved with at one point who are wondering to themselves, "i wonder what elsie is up to" but don't have my contact info. Should I deprive them from the right of trying to re-enter my life in hopes of maybe getting lucky? I think not! I'll make it that much easier for everyone. I'll start an email list with a monthly newsletter. It will include what I'm up to in my life, who I'm dating, who I'm not dating, and of course I will include a vulnerable-meter. This way a guy can craft his approach based on how vulnerable I am. I think this would be great, don't you?

P.S. Am I shallow? My ex seems to think so.. I guess I could venture into new topics besides my love life like "current events in the middle east," or "stock trading tips," or "chicken soup for the 20-something soul." But as I know nothing of these topics I'll stick to what I'm good at :)

Or maybe you would like daily updates on Max's bowel movements. No? Yeah thats not so deep and philisophical anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home