A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Take me to a Gay Bahr! Gay Bahr!

This weekend has been fun times. Thursday I went to The Crib, an 18+ gay club in SF. That was an interesting experience. Well first off I run into Stanford people.. weird.. I already knew they were gay so it wasn't awkward really.. well unless they think that I'm coming out of the closet. Sorry guys, no dice. But there were a few things I came away with. A.) Gay guys are like THE best dancers ever! It looked like the majority of them were practicing moves straight out of their hip-hop dance classes. And it wasnt any of that cheesy darren's dance grooves stuff either. My friend and I finally decided that gay guys are such great dancers b/c they get to wear sensible shoes. Best not try anything too dangerous in heels. Again, its just another way the man keeps women in their place. B.) I'm terrified of lesbians; especially the really butch ones that truly can be mistaken for men, even after they confess to being female. I found myself desperatly trying to avoid eye contact with women. I was hit on by a big butch woman once when I was in Queens, NY. I was with my gay friend and he thought it was hilarious. I was terrified. I'm like is she going to come here and yell at me? Or try to hit me? Now, some psychologists and other intellectuals with their heads up their ass would say that my fear of lesbians is due to the fact that deep down, I am a lesbian or want to try the experience. NEGATIVE. I've kissed a couple girls in my time.. let me tell ya, no sparks, except the ones coming from the pants of the men who were looking on. I think I'm more terrified of lesbians than big burly men b/c the rules that keep you safe in heterosexual interactions dont necessarily apply within the gender. If I turned down a particularly aggressive lesbian she could full well hit me. A man on the other hand I know wouldn't touch me (i hope at least) since its unacceptable for a man to hit a woman. I'm not saying that all lesbians are aggressive and yada yada.. just trying to shed some light on why they can be a little scary sometimes.

I also went to this place off filmore in SF called Blue Triangle. The music was interesting. They would play old hip hop, then new hip hop, then switch back and forth. Not fun! Anyway during the night I realized, who comes to bars to pick up people? I wouldn't trust anyone there. I have no idea what their motives are, what STDs they might carry, if they're psychos. For me, going to bars and clubs is about dancing and having fun and realizing how awesome you are. Seriously though, how many times have you turned around and seen that girl that was trying way too hard and in the process made herself look more frightening than sexy. Not to mention, it also makes you realize how much more you have to offer to someone than your body. Yeah I can dance around and have fun, and flaunt in front of men, but I know that there's a big brain in my head and it allows me to do so much more than care about scoring with a hot guy for the night.

Tonight I am going to enjoy the San Jose crowd (yikes) at the Improv. Latahz..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home