A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, March 12, 2005

For that ho miguella

Anyway so as I said in a previous post, mig and I are supposed to post about "potentials" we've talked to during the week as our POA. So..

Potential #2/Baldy
A friend from college who now lives in NYC (woohooo she's soo cool) came to visit and we went out to Nola's and Blue Chalk. Nola's wasn't bad. I just always felt like it was a place that wasn't so conducive to being really social. You either get cornered by some guy you don't want to talk to with almost no way out, since the place is so damn crowded its hard to maneuver. Or people kind of stick to their own clicks. Whatevs. This was actually the most fun I had at Nola's.. anyway Potential #2 was at Blue Chalk. As I was at the bar trying to order a stoli soda for my friend, potential #2 asks me whats good at this particular bar. I tell him I dont know but I always get vodka tonics. He smirks and says vodka tonics? Then finally orders a beer. What beer? Coors Light (aka C-). There is a sense of self-deprication when he tells me that he's not very adventurous. I laugh and say clearly not. We talk for a little more, once Sarah's drink is up I leave the bar. Later as Sarah and I stand away from the bar, she's like why didnt you talk to "Mr. Dartmouth" Well A, he's wearing a Dartmouth zip up sweatshirt at a bar which isn't exactly a turn off, its actually a nice reprieve from the striped button down shirts that now just make me want to vomit. Plus, I told her, I think he was just talking to talk. She responds "Guys usually dont talk just to talk." I realize he was kind of cute. So we turn and look back at him and his back is towards us and we realize OMG! He's balding! Its the kind of balding where you can't tell immediatly as there is some hair covering the bald spot. So Mr. Baldy was crossed off the list. But then Sarah wanted to use the bathroom and right before we make the descent Mr. Baldy and one of his friends taps me on the shoulder. I figure what the hell, their from Dartmouth they should at least be interesting conversationalists. Mr. Baldy and I talk for a bit and then he introduces me to his friend who strikes up a strange conversation...

Potential #3/Mr. I Love You

Potential #3 was clearly wasted, but not the wasted falling down. The wasted where you know this person is inebriated but they're somehow able to hold their own. Potential #3 looked at Sarah and told me to tell her that he loved her. I did. Sarah wasn't phased and smiled and nodded. Mr. I Love You figured that she was mean b/c she didn't love him back. I told him, "well thats the way the cookie crumbles." Then he looked at me and said "I Love You." I told him I couldn't believe it, I've been waiting for someone to tell me that for forever! After making some more jokes I started talking shit about Dartmouth (Hi Mig :-) ) Then he said how he was on the Dartmouth baseball team (he did have a nice body suprisingly) and he was a double econ and psych major. I told him that psych hardly counted as a major. He went on to brag about how Dartmouth is ranked above Stanford on the Newsweek "Best Colleges" list. I frankly told him it was b/c Darmouth students have nothing but each other when their at college. The place is so damn small and isolated!... well there are the high schoolers but lets not get into that. What's more, who the hell still looks at those lists after they graduate?? Let it go man, let it go. Then he starts making fun of me that I wasn't an athelete at Stanford, that I didn't double major, and that I didn't go to an ivy league. I was not offended as I told him for one, everyone thought I was an athlete b/c of my build, for two, like I said, psych doesn't count as a major, and for three I had the chance to go to plenty of Ivy's, sorry, Stanford's still better. As we kept poking fun at each other his water supply kept dwindling until he ate the last ice cube in his cup. He aksed if I needed any water and I declined. "Come on everyone needs water." No sir, no thanks. He told me not to leave and went to the bar. I looked across and realized I recognized someone from Stanford. I went to talk to him for a little while and when I came back Mr. I Love You walked up to another girl and said "I Love You." This girl was so impressed her eyes lit up and she threw her hands around him as they started to grind to some song. Wow, I guess the line does work.


Ahh. Good times ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home