A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Clever Much?

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who I hadn't spoken to in a while. I was filling her in on new developments in my life and inevitably the issue of having the roommate boyfriend came up. "How'd you guys start dating?" she asked. As I explained the situation to her I had a sudden thought, "Men aren't as stupid as I thought!"

I was so busy strategizing about how to date my roommate, then how to not date him, and back to how to date him again, that I seemed to have missed his intentions from the get go. From the beginning he was in "Get that girl" mode.. I look back at it now - inviting me to his company party, inviting me out w/ his friends EVERYTIME they did stuff together, the random comments "This is our song," or "I think WE'D make great friends," suggesting we should be exclusive and then when rejected he took it in stride pretending for a moment that he also believed that it was a bad idea to date, THEN trying to put responsibilty on me to rebuff all his approaches since I'm the girl and he's the guy.. guys make the moves, girls are supposed to reject them.. yeah right.. he didnt want me to reject him.. The constant remarks about his plan to hook up with "lots of girls" but then staying in on the weekends..

So I guess from the beginning he (and his penis) decided they would stop at nothing, rain or shine, rejection or no rejection.. While I might be under the impression that I lured him into this relationship w/ my adept dating skills, its what he wanted all along.. and I couldn't have gotten him into a relationship if he didn't want it in the first place. B/c as Dr. Phil says, "If a guy truly wants his freedom, you couldn't lure him into a commitment even if you were the sole heir to the Lay-Z Boy company. But if he's ready and [he wants you], you couldn't outrun him if you tried." Or something like that..

BOO! Its almost equivalent to bowling w/ bumpers... or riding a bike w/ training wheels :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

Hm..."sole heir to the Lay-Z Boy company." Dr. Phil has some erratic examples.

8:51 PM  
Blogger GyangBang said...

Well he is a texan.. or sounds like one anyway.. they're a crazy bunch.. look at.. oh wait, i dont want the CIA to start monitoring me.. forget it :)

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home