A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Why it matters...

So on the surface of things it might sound a tad bit materialistic that I'm extremely excited that my bf, instead of doing the cheesy flowers and dinner thing, bought me a nano (dude they're tiny!). But it honestly means more than that. Read below (Based on a true story; names have been changed just for the heck of it):

Its a relatively quiet Friday night. Bang is sitting on the couch delaying work by scrolling though random messageboards. JT, Bang's PLATONIC roommate, sits in his recliner, eating a burrito he bought at a local taqueria minutes earlier.

JT: So you going to get dressed and come to this party with me?
Bang: I thought you weren't going?
JT: Yeah but I thought about it and I feel like I'm just being an old man.
Bang: chuckles Who's throwing this party again?
JT: My old frat buddy.
Bang: Is it going to be good?
JT: Yeah. Its going to be awesome!
Bang: Then why didn't you want to go in the first place?
JT: smiles I don't know.
Bang: Well I guess I gotta remember that I'll be going to med school soon. I better live it up now.
JT: Exaactly.

At a party in the Presidio. Bang and JT stand in a corner of the basement holding red cups. Bang has a vodka tonic.. so does JT. This might actually be the least ethnically diverse party Bang or JT has EVER attended.

Bang: Um wow. I dont think I've even seen an asian person here.
JT: Yeah this party is pretty white. See white people are like negatively polarized and repel each other so we need alcohol or some color to make us come together.
Bang: squinting eyes I see..
JT: Wanna go back upstairs?
Bang: Sure

Standing by tall speakers, Bang is confused by the host's music selection.

JT: Do you have one of these? Pointing to the iPod docked in a holder
Bang: No. I want one though. But I refuse to buy one.
JT: Why?
Bang: First of all they're ridiculously expensive. Secondly I'm waiting for a boyfriend to buy me one.
JT: Laughing histerically WHAT?
Bang: Its a tradeoff you know. Women provide emotional support in a relationship and should be repaid with things they want. Lets not forget the physical aspect. I mean that might sound bad. Its not really prostitution, just expression of appreciation.
JT: I would never just buy a girl an iPod.. I mean..
Bang: But honestly as a guy you probably dont express your emotions to your guy friends. So a girlfriend provides that outlet for you. Doesn't she deserve something for that?
JT: Emotional support? Well to me a girlfriend is a friend I can have sex with.
Bang: Well whatever.

JT: Hey that girls hot.
Bang: Uh, no she's not.
JT: Well her body is hot.
Bang: Well her face is not.
JT: That doesn't matter.
Bang: What?? Its the total package! How can a girl with a good body but an unattractive face still be hot?
JT: Well guys dont look at it that way.
Bang: Go talk to her then.
JT: No thats ok.
Bang: You just said she's hot! Why not? She could be a really cool person.
JT: When I say "hot" it means who I'd want to take home if I was drunk and horny.
Bang: So she's not iPod worthy? smiles
JT: Um, no. It would take a lot for that.
Bang: Then who here is iPod worthy thinks in her head, "I am"
JT: I'll point her out when I see her...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

That's a nice story. I'm glad things are going so well for you.

4:32 PM  
Blogger GyangBang said...

Thanks! Although now that V-day is over I'm not so much in that romantic gushy-eyed mood.. go fig!

:)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home