A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Great moments in etymology*: Could you coo?

OMG! This is totally out of left field. But I was on AOL Music today listening to Michael Buble's "new" album "With Love." Honestly I like the guy but why the hell wont he A.) Sing some songs HE has written and stop doing covers and B.) Stop reshuffling his old songs onto "new" albums.

But I digress.. In one of the songs he sings the lyrics are "Could you coo or could you care?" OMG! You know how you see people looking at babies and saying "Coochie coochie coo"??? Its supposed to be "Could you, could you coo" Coo meaning "to make the low soft cry of a dove or pigeon or a similar sound." Ahh, life makes a little more sense to me now..

And that concludes another (actually the first) great moment in etymology..

*Previously etiology.. but I'm a dumbass :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

This could be the first great moment in etiology that is also a great moment in etymology.

4:04 AM  
Blogger GyangBang said...

Mwahaha! Thanks for the correction dude.. this is what happens when you work all day writing about medical disease :-)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home