A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Product of Laziness

***DISCLAIMER*** After reading this post you may be inclined to say such things as, "Bang, shut the hell up and count your blessings." or, "I can't believe this bitch is complaining about this." But really I felt like wasting some time at work and this is the only interesting thing I got going besides the Ex-files. And he hasn't done anything interesting of late, except try to open my bathroom door to see if I was naked and get mad at me b/c I thought it was funny that he wanted to leave the television on for his dog.. but anyway I digress. Please forward all evil thoughts, emails, and "fuck you" statements to the trash bin. Grazie :-)



So after I got accepted to med school, I gave a big "SCREW YOU" to all the schools that put me on the waitlist. Some schools automatically enroll you on the waitlist and wait for you to tell them to take you off and others make you send a form saying you accept a spot or not. Well by the time I got in I had already sent schools letters saying to put me on thinking I had no other chances. Well then all of a sudden the other bay area school sent me a letter saying I was put on hold. Well screw that, I don't need you! (Well for now, maybe I will for residency, so really I will need you.. but later) Then a few weeks after that letter I was told I was put on the high-waitlist. Again, kiss my ass. Then yesterday I got a big package from them. CRAP! My absolute laziness in drafting letters, folding them, sticking them in an envelope, putting on a stamp, and addressing them (too many steps clearly), has now made me feel like crap. Now I'm taking up some eager person's spot b/c I was too lazy to inform the school that I no longer wanted to be under consideration.

What is even more odd is that there was no excitement whatsoever when I saw the envelope. I was kind of annoyed actually since it would involve me filing paper work. ANNOYED! TO be admitted to one of the top 5 medical schools in the country. Clearly I'm taking crazy pills. But really its as if you've found the man of your life and then some other guy comes and hits on you. Really that is the exact equivalent. Not to mention having my mother say "Isn't it ranked higher than your school? Why don't you go there? Are you reaaaally going to turn them down? I mean I couldn't turn them down. If it were me..." Damn it! I'm done with this process, no more thinking.

Anyway, in an effort to not be more ridiculous I need to start drafting some letters.. Although with my busy schedule and need to move by this weekend it might not happen for another week or so. Hopefully no other school will get "accept happy" in the meantime and I won't feel like crap again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, baby, i'll take your big package. in a year.

woo! congrats, because you're awesome. and you do want to come back to the peninsula, of course :)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home