A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, October 26, 2006

For your reading pleasure...

Ex-Roommate:

Email #20

Bang,

Part of fulfilling your obligation in the situation you have created is to keep me informed. It has been exceedingly difficult throughout this process to find out anything from you. It also leaves a very negative impression that when I send you messages about bills or rent that I get no response whatsoever.I noticed that the lease application was no longer on the kitchen counter. Does this mean you showed the apartment to someone on Tuesday? Are they planning on moving in? Also, where is the key to the mailbox? I don't see it anywhere and I do not want to have to deal with late fees simply because I couldn't get to the bills. Please take the 2 minutes necessary to respond to this e-mail.

Bang:

Dear Ex-Roommate,

I think that you are mistaken on your idea of "the situation I created." I am not leaving out of any convenience to myself, but out of GREAT inconvenience. The reason for my moving is because even after discussing the issue of your boyfriend being at the apartment entirely too much given the living situation - i.e. a living arrangement primarily for 2 people as was designated by the lease - on multiple occasions, you could not comply to being reasonable about how often he was at the apartment. Furthermore, if you are so concerned about the rules of the lease, you should know that you have violated the guest policy on multiple occassions, specifically July, 2006 and September 2006. Since having guests longer than the 15 day total amount allowed for a month is in breach of the lease, my moving is as a result of direct breach of the lease, which I could have brought to the attention of management, but why would I do that to a "friend"? Nope, instead I tried to part amicably. If we can't agree, then we agree to disagree. I have MEDICAL SCHOOL to take care of right now S. I dont know if you understand this or not but I've worked my ASS off to get here. And if my living situation is not conducive to me succeeding then I must change that. And like I said before, I could have brought it up to management, but then you'd be screwed too if they decided to do something about that. So I wanted to compromise and just move out and let someone else deal with living with you - or even better, they wouldn't have a problem with your boyfriend being over all the time. Moreover, I have written managment about leaving the lease and having someone take my spot. So please understand who is doing who the favor here.

With that said, when I initially informed you that I was moving out, I had not yet thought or planned of how to handle the whole moving out process. You continually badgered me to give you information that I did not have. Understand S, that I have not been difficult. Your idea of difficulty is shaded by the fact that you didn't get information (which i did not have) immediatly after requesting it. Did I not send you an email giving you 30 days notice? I did, just not when you asked for it. I also sent you an email on October 22nd A.) Asking you about what you meant about owing you utilities for last month (which I take to mean September) since on September 29th you sent me an email telling me how much utilities were and I wrote you a check for $818.28. If I am confused about the billing dates fine, you can let me know, but I DID get back to you on the matter. B.) I asked you to help me in my search for a roommate since I was not so sure about the results I was getting on craigslist. I did not get a reply from you. Again, you breached the terms of the lease and that is why I am choosing to leave. I honestly shouldn't have had to bear the brunt of the responsibility of finding a roommate, but I felt bad for leaving. I emailed you about setting up a time to talk about what you wanted in a roommate, after my finals were over, again you didnt reply to this. So again, you left finding a new roommate up to me. When I was going to show the apartment, I asked you if you were going to be around. The person that came the day you could not be there eventually wanted to apply, so I gave her the app. With craigslist, interest never definitevely predicts action. So seeing that this whole roommate search is taking up WAY too much of my time and I'm not receiving any help from you, I don't feel it necessary to waste time explaining things that may or may not pan out.

Furthermore, I feel that I have been extremely accomodating in this situation - A.) inconveniencing myself by moving out despite the fact that the cause is directly from your actions and B.) Taking the brunt of the responsibility for finding a roommate despite asking you for what you wanted and then receiving no help after asking for it. And all I get in response is you badgering me to do this or that. So S, I'm done being "nice" or accomodating. I tried to be a friend first, but clearly that isn't worth anything. As I said before I sent in my 30 days notice to management which ends on November 16th. I will give you rent up until this date. If the potential roommate chooses to take the room, you will get the whole month.

I have expended way too much energy on all of this and as a result my studies have suffered. I will not dedicate so much time from here on out.

I will be out of town this weekend so I will drop the check off sometime today.


Ex-Roommate:

All of your feelings of my breach of the lease aside, you still are the holder of the lease. If you do not provide a full payment of November's rent by Monday I will file paper with Small Claims Court on Monday requesting payment of the remainder of the lease, which continues to the beginning of June. Once a summons is sent to you, you will be required to attend. In the summons I will also be requesting payment for all time lost from work in order to resolve the matter. Furthermore, I invite you to attempt to argue your point that he was over more than 15 days and that this allows you to break your lease agreement. You are wrong in your assumption that he was over that frequently, as I have created a calendar documenting his location on each day during the months in question and can verify that he was not over that frequently. Sincerely,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I am so glad that our disunion did not come to snotshit emails

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home