A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Irony

I was having a debate with a friend about whether destiny or fate are real. Neither of us particularly believe in god so in a way we have to make up our own life meanings. My friend more believes in path dependency. Given a certain set of traits and conditions to begin with, each move you make will in turn affect your later movements until you get to the end of your life. So in short, she really doesn't believe in destiny.

Well I guess I've been struggling with this whole idea for a while now. If there is destiny or fate, doesn't that mean there has to be a higher order to all things? And does that mean that this higher order is in fact a god? Hm, well Christian religion really hasn't convinced me so far. So in my inability to understand anything, I've chosen one thing to believe in and that is Karma. Seeing that some people are just born unlucky, it makes me also wonder if karma can follow one through different lives. Anyway, that's another story.

In the end though, there really is no proof for karma or any "higher force." Or is there...?

Then I looked at a gossip column (yes I do this when I procrastinate) and learned that now everyone thinks Howard K. Stern may have had a hand in Anna Nicole Smith's death and refuses to let Anna's daughter be tested just so he can get some loot out of it. HA! Crazy! Because if everyone remembers Anna had been fighting a long battle to get the money from some old guy she conned into marrying her so she could get HIS loot!

DAMN! Life's a BITCH! Be good to others my friends.. be good to others...

I guess some might say "God" had something to do with this. But I'm going to stick with my karma idea. I quite like it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home