A day in the life of the Bang

I'm too lazy to look up evidence to support my ideas. But anyone can find evidence for anything. So why even bother? :-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Awkward mom talks

Haha! It finally dawned on me what my mom was just trying to tell me. And I quote "If you want someone to be emotionally dependent on you and don't mind being restricted and don't have enough energy to tackle life by yourself, then yeah there's marriage. But if you want to be independent and always be in control of your time, then you can just have a friend. I condone people having friends. I'm not going to lie. Life is rough. Its even worse when you do it alone. Although its not like you're not alone in marriage. Its human nature to get tired of someone after a few years. I think its best to marry someone who travels."

Which is her way of saying, "Bang, marriage sucks and life sucks. Even if you marry the right person, just know that its going to put limits on you. Only do it if you really don't have the energy to do things by yourself. But hey, don't knock FWBs. If you want to be independent then just get a FWB and call it a day."

Ha!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kel The Younger said...

...that why I'm still single? :-o :-o :-o Wonder if I subconsciously figured out your mom's advice long ago? Mind you, I have no FWBs. Nor do I want any. But I'm human, and the thought has crossed my mind. I think it's mostly just that I've been screwed by so many people, I have a habit of turning away now instead of entertaining romantic notions. For example, I went out for pizza tonight (and you know how they say sex is like pizza...no wait, that's not my point.) I saw this girl who was very attractive at the greeting station. I think the second thought through my head (c'mon, we know what the first thought was) was, "I wonder how boring she is. I wonder how we'd drift apart in time, and how long that would take? Would I be not-so-impressed by her in a year? A month? A week?" Of course, I blame everyone else for this wretched attitude. If people had been generally nicer, more exciting, and more noble, then I wouldn't be so cynical. :-D

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home